Daniel R. Munsey, Fire Chief/Fire Warden
  1. Home
  2. Office of the Fire Marshal
  3. Hazmat – CUPA
  4. Hazmat Permits and Fees

Permit Requirements and Fees

Facilities that handle hazardous materials or generate hazardous wastes will require a CUPA permit that includes each applicable CUPA program element. The application process for permits begins with the submission of inventory into the California Environmental Reporting System, also known as CERS. For questions, Contact CERS helpline.

When proposing a new or modified facility it is advisable to contact the CUPA, the fire department having jurisdiction for the fire code implementation, the local water and sewering agencies, the air pollution control district, and the local planning and building authorities as early as possible in the planning process. Each of these organizations may have additional requirements for permits and plans.

To make a payment online, click Make an online payment.

Document Repository

Type Name Category Actions
pdf Permit Fees Permit
pdf Fees Schedule Permit
pdf Permit Exemption Request Permit Exemption