Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act

All facilities with over 10,000 gallons of aggregate aboveground petroleum storage capacity must prepare a full SPCC Plan that is certified by a Professional Engineer. However, facilities with a total aboveground oil storage capacity of 10,000 gallons or less and that meet the Qualified Facility Applicability as listed under the SPCC Rule may self-certify their own Plan.

If a facility is eligible to self-certify its Plan, and has no aboveground container greater than 5,000 gallons in capacity, then it may use the Tier I Plan template that is found in Appendix G to 40 CFR part 112. Editable versions of the template in Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, and a pdf version are available on the US EPA website. Facilities that have a single aboveground container of oil exceeding 5,000 gallons but an aggregate aboveground oil storage capacity of 10,000 gallons or less, may self-certify their SPCC Plan.

Note: Since the definition of a Qualified Facility is a federal provision outlined in 40 CFR Part 112, oil of any kind rather than just petroleum must be considered in determining the aggregate aboveground oil storage capacity used to meet the 10,000-gallon threshold. This means that in addition to petroleum storage, oils of vegetable origin (i.e., corn, soybean or nut oil) or animal origin (i.e., fats and greases) as well as 100% synthetic oils must also be included in the total.

A complete copy of the SPCC Plan must be maintained at the facility if the facility is normally attended at least four hours per day or at the nearest field office if the facility is not so attended. It is NOT required to submit a copy to the CUPA or to submit a copy through CERS.

Any facility that is subject to APSA must do the following:

  • Pay an annual fee to the CUPA.
  • Pay an annual State surcharge for APSA program oversight by the Office of the State Fire Marshal. This fee is collected by the CUPA and forwarded to the State.
  • Prepare a Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan in accordance with U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 112 and pursuant to Health and Safety Code, chapter 6.67, section 25270.4.5 (a). All Plans must be prepared or have been amended to meet post-2002 SPCC rule requirements / amendments.
  • Conduct periodic inspections to assure compliance with 40 CFR Part 112 and pursuant to Health and Safety Code, chapter 6.67, section 25270.4.5 (a).
  • Implement SPCC Plan in compliance with 40 CFR Part 112 and pursuant to Health and Safety Code, chapter 6.67, section 25270.4.5 (a).
  • Upload a Petroleum Storage Tank Storage Facility Statement through the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS). The form is available on our Forms and Guidelines page. This requirement can also be met by submitting a complete Business Emergency / Contingency Plan through CERS and remaining in compliance with all Business Plan requirements.

On September 25, 2012, Assembly Bill 1566 appointed the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) as the State oversight agency for implementation of the Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act (APSA). A Cal/EPA Unified Program surcharge of $26.00 will be assessed annually on each tank facility regulated under the APSA program to cover statewide costs incurred by the OSFM to implement, maintain, and oversee the APSA program. San Bernardino County CUPA is required to collect State surcharges when charging permit fees. Therefore, if your facility is subject to APSA, this new surcharge will appear on your invoice for annual permit fees beginning July 1, 2014. A tank facility that is conditionally exempt from preparing and implementing an SPCC plan under APSA is not exempt from paying this new APSA assessment. Additional information is available from Cal/EPA and the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Any facility that has an aggregate aboveground petroleum storage capacity of 1,320 gallons or more, or stores petroleum products in a tank in an underground area (TIUGA) may be subject to the Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act (APSA). When determining the facility’s total petroleum storage quantity, it is the capacity that counts rather than the actual amount of petroleum stored. The capacity of all aboveground tanks, containers, hydraulic systems, and oil-filled manufacturing and operational equipment with a design/shell capacity equal to or greater than 55 gallons should be added together. Under APSA, petroleum is defined as crude oil or a fraction thereof which is liquid at 60°F and 14.7 pounds per square inch absolute pressure. It includes new and used oil; petroleum-based liquid fuels such as gasoline, diesel, and aviation fuels; lubricating oils; etc. Under this definition, petroleum does not include propane, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), liquid natural gas (LNG), or antifreeze.

Even if a facility may not be subject to APSA, be aware that the federal EPA’s SPCC rule regulates facilities with aboveground storage tanks that contain oil of any kind, including mineral, synthetic, animal, and vegetable oils in addition to petroleum. Therefore some facilities which are not captured under APSA may be subject to federal regulation and US EPA oversight. US EPA still retains full and complete authority to administer, inspect and enforce federal SPCC requirements at all California facilities subject to 40 CFR Part 112. Although the two programs are similar, there are some significant differences. Any questions or clarifications on the federal SPCC program should be directed to US EPA. For federal SPCC guidance and the latest information, see the Oil Spills page and the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Rule page on the U.S. EPA website.

California Accidental Release Program (CalARP)

Facilities with new or modified covered processes are required to prepare Risk Management Plans and implement accident prevention programs before operations commence. The risks related to regulated substances may also trigger additional studies or mitigations for new facilities seeking land use approval. Those facilities that have submitted a RMP previously are required to submit a revised RMP no later than 5 years after the initial RMP submission.

For more information about the San Bernardino County CUPA CalAPR submission process, please contact the CalARP subject matter specialist in our office.

The California Accidental Release Prevention Program regulations and other Statewide information regarding CalARP are located at the web site of the California Office of Emergency Services. Extensive guidance is available from US EPA’s web site and these tools are useful for stationary sources preparing RMPs whether they are subject to the federal rule or not.

A Risk Management Plan requires offsite consequence analysis, evaluation of process hazards, and implementation of an accidental release prevention program. Stationary sources are required to coordinate the development and documentation of the prevention program with the CUPA. The most common regulated substances found in San Bernardino County that require a RMP are chlorine, nitric acid, ammonium hydroxide, and anhydrous ammonia. There are hundreds of other chemicals that may require the RMP at specified threshold quantities. These specific chemicals and their threshold quantities are listed in the CalARP regulations found in CCR Title 19.

California Environmental Reporting System (CERS)

Refer to the CalEPA CERS Guidance Document “Adding Your First New Facility.”

Refer to the CalEPA CERS Guidance Document “Requesting Access to an Existing CERS Business/Facility (ca.gov).”

Follow the instructions on the  State Water Board January 2020 Update for guidance on reporting conversion from Diesel to B20 in your UST.

Any change in CERS (e.g. change in ownership, additional of inventory, etc) must be updated within 30 days.

The Business Owner/Operator Identification section needs to be updated in order to properly report a change in ownership.  Create a CERS account and submit an Transfer Request.

FAQ Uncategorized

Refer to CalEPA’s CERS Guidance Document “Should I File an SPCC Plan in CERS? (ca.gov)” for more information

Fire Explorers

  • Attend drills twice a month and practice the skills they are learning.
  • Assist firefighters during emergency incidents.
  • Volunteer at special events.
  • Attend Fire Explorer academies and participate in Fire Explorer Muster competition.
  • You must be 14-20 years old.
  • You must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better.
  • You must be willing to learn and be available to actively participate in various drills, fundraisers, and fire training.
  • You must submit an application. Contact the Division Headquarters nearest you (listed right) for an application.


Fires can grow and destroy up to hundreds and even thousands of acres. We cannot simply allow a fire to burn out of control and potentially spread to an area where it might threaten lives, property, or the environment. In addition, the San Bernardino County Fire Protection District provides fire and emergency medical services that people often need beyond the boundaries of their properties, such as citizens travelling on local freeways or highways.

The San Bernardino County Fire Protection District covers an area of over 19, 000 square miles, and resources are shared throughout the County when needed. If there is an incident in your area that requires more resources than are available at your station, engines from other stations around the District will respond. This is one of the benefits of the County Fire Department protecting your area, we can pull resources as needed to mitigate any emergency. It would be impossible to provide a dedicated station in every single community throughout the entire County.

No, this is about the total cost of providing fire and emergency medical services. Those costs include facilities, vehicle replacement, equipment, salaries, pensions, etc. It’s also important to remember that SBCERA, the County’s retirement system, is in much better shape than other public retirement systems like CAL PERS, which has received a lot of attention over the past few years for its unfortunate financial difficulties.

No, the assessment can increase up to 3% a year based on the recommendation of the district’s Fire Chief. Any recommendation made by the Fire Chief to increase the Service Zone fee must be approved by the District’s Board of Directors. The Service Zone FP-5 assessment does NOT automatically increase every year.

All special service assessments are restricted funds by State Law and can only be spent within the named Service Zone they were collected for. A full disclosure of the Fire District’s budget can be found on our website here.

Your parcel number is a 13 digit number that will be printed along with your name on the front of the envelope containing the notification for Service Zone FP-5 Expansion, but can also be accessed here. Click Name Search on the top menu, and enter your information. Your parcel number will be listed in box to the right of your search area.

Yes. However, if your parcels are contiguous, you can file a simple form at a cost of $108.00 dollars for processing, and from that point forward you only pay one parcel fee. Form AOS-047 may be found on the County Assessor’s website.

After lengthy deliberation, the Board of Supervisors made the decision to approve this proposed resolution. The resolutions outline a detailed process that follows government code. Your opportunity to be heard on the expansion of Service Zone FP-5 begins with the protest period that opens on September 14, 2018. This period will conclude with a Public Hearing on October 16, 2018.

Further changes to these government codes requires action by the State of California.

In compliance with Government Code and Proposition 218, the Board of Supervisors established a process to protest these changes. An important part of that process is the Public Hearing on October 16, 2018. During the protest period, if at least 25% of property owners who own at least 25% of the total impacted land value submit protest letters to the County, then an election will be triggered. If at least 50% of property owners who own at least 50% of the total impacted land value submit protest letters to the County, the expansion will be terminated.

We encourage you to visit the website at WWW.sbcfire.org for the latest information. Procedures for public protest will be mailed to property owners within the expansion territories. Your local fire station will not have protest forms for distribution.

The San Bernardino County Fire Protection District’s Board of Directors has established a 30 day protest period along with a scheduled public hearing set for October 16, 2018 to allow the public to express their opinions regarding the expansion of the FP-5 Service Zone. All the information regarding the public hearing, as well as the protest form and guidelines can be found at WWW.sbcfire.org or by dialing 211 on your phone.

No, any increase in the Service Zone fee must be approved by the District’s Board of Directors, based on recommendations made by the District Fire Chief.

Currently, those who are already paying a parcel fee for fire services are subsidizing those who are not. Property tax revenues in many areas throughout the County, particularly in less populated areas, will never be high enough to cover the costs of providing many county government services, including fire and EMS services in those areas. Thus, as it stands now, more populated communities are subsidizing less populated and more remote communities. The expansion of FP-5 countywide levels the playing field.

Per the Government Code, all special service assessments for named Service Zones are restricted funds only to be spent within the named Service Zone they were collected for. In this case, Service Zone FP-5 assessment can and will only be used to support the services provided within this Service Zone territory.

The current revenue projections for San Bernardino County Fire Protection District indicate the existing revenue streams are insufficient to continue the current Fire and EMS service levels provided within the County’s Fire Protection District. The expansion of the FP-5 Service Zone will result in a more secure revenue stream to enable the continuance of existing service levels within the expanded territory and provide for the future capital needs of the FP-5 Service Zones.

If the property you own is within the proposed expansion territory (Service Zone FP-5, Refer to the Service Zone Map appendix-A) this expansion will result in the levy of your annual property tax bill in the amount of $157.26, with a maximum 3% increase per year. It’s important to note, if you are currently paying a County Fire Protection assessment this new fee schedule will fully replace your existing fee.

Hazardous Materials Business Plan

Submission of the Business Emergency/ Contingency Plan satisfies the EPCRA 311-312 Tier II Reporting requirement of the U.S. EPA if done in accordance with EPCRA instructions.

Owner/operator must provide initial and annual employee training and maintain training documentation records for a minimum of three years.

The California Health and Safety Code defines a Hazardous Material as, “any material that because of its quantity, concentration, or physical or chemical characteristics poses a significant present or potential hazard to human health and safety or the environment if released into the work-place or environment.”

Hazmat Links of Interest

Household Hazardous Waste

Businesses that generate less than 27 gallons or 220 lbs. of hazardous waste or 2.2 lbs. of extremely hazardous waste per month are called “Very Small Quantity Generators,” or VSQGs. San Bernardino County Household Hazardous Waste Program provides waste management services to VSQG businesses. The most common VSQGs in San Bernardino County are, but are not limited to:

  • Painters
  • Contractors
  • Print Shops
  • Auto Shops
  • Builders
  • Agricultural Operators
  • Property Managers
  • Landlords
  • Non-profits such as churches

For more information please click the link below:

Small Business Hazardous Waste- VSQG

The San Bernardino Central Facility accepts empty and non-empty aerosol cans. However, we encourage residents to use all of the aerosol contents before recycling because they are potential hazards to workers and others. For more information please click the link below:

Aerosol and Paint Containers

Sharps or needles can be potentially dangerous to people and recycling machinery. To help reduce these risks, proper disposal of sharps is vital. The steps to proper and safe disposal of sharps are as follows:

1. Use only approved sharps container for disposal. Please do not place sharps in trash cans, recycle bins, plastic jugs, soda bottles or mix with other hazardous waste.

2. Carefully transport sharps into container. Please do not overfill sharps containers. (3/4 is full).

3. Place a secure lid on the sharps container and transport to your local Home-Generated Sharps Collection site.

The San Bernardino Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility accepts sharps. For directions please contact us at 909-382-5401 or 1-800-OILY CAT (1-800-645-9228) for additional Sharps disposal locations.

Refrigerators can be tricky to recycle since many Household Hazardous Waste facilities do not accept them. A waste hauler would have to be contacted and may or may not charge a fee. In addition, Freon and oil may need to be removed from the appliance.

Many household products can have adverse effects to the environment and humans if they are not disposed of properly. These products contain harmful ingredients that can leach into ground water, air, or possibly the food we eat. It is illegal to dispose of hazardous waste in the garbage, onto the ground, or down storm drains.

If you illegally dump hazardous waste and are caught, penalties may include fines, the seizure and forfeiture of your vehicle and possibly jail time. If you catch someone involved in illegal dumping, or know of any planned illegal dumping please do not approach them, instead contact the County of San Bernardino Code Enforcement at 909-844-4056 or 760-995-8140.

Universal waste comes primarily from consumer products containing mercury, lead, cadmium and other substances that are hazardous to human health and the environment. These items cannot be discarded in household trash nor disposed of in landfills.

Examples of universal waste include, but not limited to:

  • Batteries
  • Fluorescent Tubes
  • Televisions, Computer Monitors
  • Electrical Switches & Relays containing Mercury
  • Thermostats

A complete list of universal waste products, and information about disposal and recycling options, is available on the DTSC website at https://dtsc.ca.gov/universalwaste/

According to the California Health and Safety Code Section 252185.12, a public agency may conduct a materials exchange program as a part of its household hazardous waste collection program if the public agency determines which reusable household hazardous products or materials are suitable and acceptable for distribution to the public in accordance with a quality assurance plan prepared by the public agency. The public agency shall instruct the recipient to use the product in a manner consistent with the instructions on the label.

There is a 35 lbs. per month limit on any item from the list below, excluding paint. A record is kept on each participant to keep track of the amount of items collected.

Types of materials in the reuse program include:

  • Automotive Products
  • Pesticides
  • Insecticides
  • Paint Products
  • Pool Supplies

San Bernardino County’s material reuse program is open Monday-Friday, 1pm to 3:30pm and is located at 2824 East “W” Street Bldg. 302, San Bernardino, Ca 92415. It is recommended to come at least 30 minutes early due to potential lines.

The Household Hazardous Waste program also educates residents about chemicals, waste reduction, and recycling. The optimum solution is to minimize the generation of hazardous waste through the adoption of safer alternatives.

Visit ecocycle.org for a list of eco-friendly cleaning recipes and alternatives.

  • Recycling companies will recycle the used motor oil, oil filters, batteries and antifreeze.
  • Useable paints will be mixed and reused or recycled.
  • Unusable materials will be disposed of properly.

Useable products are available at the material exchange program. Call 1-800-OILY CAT 645-9228 for site participation information. Non-profit organizations, residents, and neighborhood cleanup groups can use these materials, including recycled paint. Five gallon buckets of recycled paint are available for free to residents of San Bernardino County, (limit 5 per month).

Household hazardous waste is any hazardous waste generated incidental to owning or maintaining a place of residence. Household hazardous waste does not include business waste.

Hazardous wastes discarded from homes may threaten human health or the environment when disposed of improperly. Many people don’t realize it, but there are a lot of common household items that are considered hazardous. These include medications, paint, motor oil, antifreeze, auto batteries, lawn care products, pest control products, drain cleaners, pool care products such as chlorine and acids, and household cleaners.

Join Our Team

You can email us at joinus@sbcfire.org.

  • Certain felony conviction(s)
  • Dishonorable military discharge
  • On probation as directed by a court
  • Any Driving Under the Influence (DUI) conviction within two years of filing date

All positions that you qualify for, you are eligible to test for~ look at all the minimum requirements.

Modern fire stations have separate sleeping and bathroom/shower facilities for men and women. Older stations have been retrofitted with separate bathroom/shower facilities, but common sleeping areas remain. The Department makes every effort to provide the best available solution to privacy issues at each station. And by the way, everyone takes turns cooking, so you might want to start thinking about some of your favorite family recipes.

Yes, we provide or assist in FSA’s and AO’s attaining EMT, Paramedic, and Firefighter 1 training.

A valid driver’s license is required.

When the needs of the Department dictate, the top candidates on the eligibility list will move to the next step in the selection process. Candidates will remain on the eligible list for 12 months.

The examination content for each position is outlined in the job bulletin.

Yes. Firefighters are members of one of the most physically demanding occupations in the world. You must be in top physical condition to perform the tasks required of a Firefighter, such as rescuing victims, carrying equipment, raising ladders, and performing automobile extractions. Firefighters, FSA’s and AO’s have different requirements; see the individual page for the details of each.

Tattoos are allowed. However, the San Bernardino County Fire Department holds its members to the highest standards of professionalism; therefore, our professional appearance is of the utmost importance. Members with tattoos and scarification must keep them covered by a Department-approved uniform or a skin patch while in the field.

A copy of your DD214 should be submitted with your application for review and consideration for Veteran’s credit.

U.S. Citizenship is not required to apply. However, candidates must have the proper status (green card, work visa, etc.) to work legally in the United States.

Visit our Human Resources page to find current job opportunities, use the “Apply” link in the job description to begin your application. Sign up for job notifications at the San Bernardino County Human Resources job descriptions website. In the Search bar type in “Fire” and select which job(s) you would like to receive notifications for, and fill out the interest card(s). You will receive an email notifying you of the job opening when positions open for recruitment. A new interest card must be filled out every year or in the event your information changes. NeoGov will send you a verification email with each position you showed an interest for.

Office of Emergency Services

Within the San Bernardino County Operational Area there is the structure of the VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) and seven regional COADs (Community Organizations Active in Disaster). San Bernardino County VOAD (SBCVOAD) is a network of nonprofit, and/ or nonpartisan membership organizations that serves as the forum to share knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle-preparation, response, recovery and mitigation- to help communities prepare for and recover from disasters. Learn more and like them on Facebook!

Residents are encouraged to download the ‘Ready SB County’ app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.

Visit the SBCFire Flood Preparedness Page, Ready.gov, California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, or Emergency Survival Program websites for disaster preparedness information.

Yes, sign up for our automated telephone emergency notification system.

Visit our Flood Preparedness webpage for flood safety information and sand bag fill up locations.

Visit our ShakeOut webpage, the Red Cross, Southern California Earthquake Center, or U.S. Geological Survey websites linked here for earthquake preparedness information.

Visit CALTRANS Road Information webpage for road condition information.

The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, FEMA, Small Business Administration, USDA Farm Service Agency, and IRS websites linked here provide extensive information for local, state and federal disaster assistance resources.

Yes, the Hazardous Mitigation Plan is available for download.

Yes, the Emergency Operations Plan is available for download.

Residential Assessment Program

To make an appointment, please call the Office of the Fire Marshal at (909) 386-8400 or email countyfirerap@sbcfire.org and provide your name, address, phone number, and the best time you can be reached. You may also visit your nearest fire station. To locate your closest fire station, visit http://sbcfire.org/firestations/.

San Bernardino County Fire is your local fire department, and will likely be the first to arrive in an emergency. We are not conducting inspections; we are conducting assessments at the owners request and making suggestions only. Our goal is to raise the level of preparation by residents.

This is an educational program only. There will be no charge or fees, and no punitive action taken by the local fire station toward the resident.

You can contact your local fire station to make an appointment to do a free assessment of your home and property. Your local fire station will offer you suggestions and guidelines that you the resident can make. If you do not want a physical assessment, your local fire station can review the assessment pamphlet with you over the phone.

The pamphlet is part of a public outreach program to assist the residents of San Bernardino County in the wildland urban interface areas to create fire safe and defensible homes.

Small Business Hazardous Waste

The VSQG Program is permitted and registered with the State of California to accept limited types and quantities of hazardous wastes. We cannot accept radioactive wastes, water reactive wastes, explosives, pyrotechnics or fire arms, compressed gas cylinders, asbestos, medical wastes or hazardous waste site remediation waste.

Yes! First, start by reducing the amount of waste that you can produce by changing processes or process chemicals at your business. Next, examine if there is a way that you can recycle your waste back into your processes. Network with similar businesses and trade associations for waste minimization and pollution prevention solutions.

The VSQG Program will prepare an invoice for your business at the time of service. The driver will ask you to sign and date the invoice. You can pay at the time of service with credit card, check, or you can mail your payment to the Fire Department within 30 days. Additional charges may apply for accounts not paid within 30 days.

Waste Types and Cost

There is a small handling fee involved in the collection of hazardous waste from your business. Disposal costs depend on the type of wastes. Prices are included in the VSQG Brochure (pdf). Call to verify current disposal costs.

Small generators often have difficulty disposing of small quantities of hazardous waste. Hazardous waste companies usually have a minimum amount of waste that they will pick up, or charge a minimum fee for service. Typically, the minimum fee exceeds the cost of disposal for the hazardous waste. This leaves the small quantity generator in a difficult situation. Some respond by storing hazardous waste until it becomes economical for the hazardous waste transporter to pick it up, putting the business out of compliance by exceeding regulatory accumulation time limits. Yet other businesses attempt to illegally dispose of their waste at household hazardous waste collection facilities. These facilities are not legally permitted to accept commercial wastes, nor are prepared to provide legal documentation for commercial hazardous waste disposal. In answer to the problems identified above, the San Bernardino County Fire Department Household Hazardous Waste Division instituted the Very Small Quantity Generator Program.

Call the San Bernardino County CUPA for assistance with hazardous waste management at 909.386.8401. If you reduce the amount of hazardous waste that you generate each month to 27 gallons or less, you may qualify in the future.

For disposal of waste, here is a list of Commercial Hazardous Waste Haulers and Environmental Consultants.

Hazardous waste collected by the VSQG Program is transported to a state-permitted processing facility located in San Bernardino. The waste is further processed at this point and packaged for off-site recycling (oil filters, oil, latex paint, antifreeze, and batteries) or destructive incineration (pesticides, corrosives, flammables, oil based paints).

The most common VSQGs in San Bernardino County are painters, print shops, auto shops, builders, and property managers, but there are many others. When you call, be ready to describe the types and amounts of waste your business generates in a typical month. If you generate hazardous waste on a regular basis, you must:

  • Secure operating permits from the San Bernardino County CUPA as a hazardous waste generator. Call 909.386.8401.
  • Obtain an EPA Identification Number from the State by calling 800-618-6942.
  • Manage hazardous waste in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.

VSQGs are encouraged to transport their waste by appointment to the San Bernardino County collection facility, provided it can be done safely and in compliance with all regulatory requirements. To arrange an appointment for the VSQG Program, call 1-800-645-9228 or 909-382-5401. The VSQG Program coordinator will schedule your appointment. Be ready to describe the type and amount of hazardous waste your business is ready to dispose of, and the types and size(s) of waste containers. Only the San Bernardino collection facility is permitted to accept VSQG waste.

The VSQG Program is a mobile hazardous waste pick-up disposal service for eligible businesses in San Bernardino County. Trained San Bernardino County Fire Department staff will come to your business, assist you in properly labeling and marking your hazardous wastes, and remove it for disposal. All legal documentation is provided as part of the service.

Businesses that generate no more than 27 gallons or 220 pounds of hazardous waste, or 2.2 pounds of extremely hazardous waste per month are “Very Small Quantity Generators” or VSQGs.

Underground Storage Tank

A test can’t be late, but completing a test early will legally move your testing month up.  So if you complete your test in January and then again in June, your subsequent tests will be due in June [Refer to California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 23 Section 2620 (e)].

No, the next UST Monitoring Certification must be completed by the end of March of next year.  The period between the two Monitoring Certifications cannot exceed 12 months [Refer to California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 23 Section 2620 (e)].

Your next UST Monitoring Certification must be completed by the end of January of next year.  All tests and inspections must be completed before or during the month the test or inspection is required [Refer to California Code of Regulations, Title 23, CCR 2620(e)].

Every 36 months.  If you conduct your test late, then your test is due 36 months from the date it was originally due.