What We Accept

Collection Facilities accept a wide variety of household generated hazardous wastes. These services are FREE for San Bernardino County residents only. Proof of residency may be requested. Call 909-382-5401 or 1-800-OILY-CAT (1-800-645-9228) for disposal options.

Collection Facilities Will Accept Household Generated:

  • checkedMotor Oil, Oil Filters
  • checkedAuto & Household Batteries
  • checkedPaints, Paint Products, Paint Thinner & Wood Preservatives
  • checkedCleaners, Gasoline, Antifreeze, Weed Killers
  • checkedPesticides & Fertilizers, Pool & Hobby Supplies
  • checkedAuto & Furniture Polish, Chemical Drain Cleaners
  • checkedElectronic Waste Collection available throughout San Bernardino County.
  • checkedSharps/Needles in approved container (not accepted at all locations)
  • checkedOutdated Medications, non-controlled substances, separate liquids & solids
  • checkedMercury Thermostats

Collection Facilities Will Not Accept:

  • crossedHigh Watt-Hour Li-Ion Batteries
  • crossedLarge Compressed Gas Cylinders
  • crossedRemediation Waste
  • crossedLarge appliances (A/C, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers etc.)
  • crossedConstruction and demolition waste
For Disposal Options

Call 909-382-5401 or 1-800-OILY-CAT (1-800-645-9228)

Before Transporting Hazardous Waste

Before transporting household generated hazardous waste to a collection facility or ABOP facility, be sure that . . .

  • checkedThe amount of waste transported does not exceed 15 gallons or 125 pounds. Container volume must not exceed 5 gallons. Must be sound and sealed.
  • checkedThe waste is in its original container or is properly labeled as to its contents.
  • checkedWaste is placed securely in the back of the vehicle for safe transport (except sharps)
  • checkedThe contents of the container are the same as stated on the label. If not the same, cover up the label and write the name of its contents.
  • checkedPlace sharps/needles in approved container. It is illegal to transport in plastic milk jug, coffee can, plastic bag, or soda bottle.
  • checkedClick here to create your own alternative sharps container with FREE printable labels
  • checkedCall 909-382-5401 or 1-800-OILY-CAT (1-800-645-9228) for information on obtaining an approved container.
  • checkedPlace items in a cardboard box or secure container. Wrap glass bottles in cloth or newspaper so they do not break while transported.
  • checkedPlace the cardboard box in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your pickup truck. Keep items away from passengers.
  • checkedFollow directions once you reach the collection site. At the site, staff will unload the chemicals from your vehicle. You will be asked to stay inside your vehicle.

For non – San Bernardino County Residents, visit Earth 911, or call your local solid waste authority for information.

Dispose of Controlled Substances / Medication/Sharps

  • checkedMedication
  • crossedVaping
  • checkedMedication
  • checkedVaping

Next National Drug Take Back Day is April 27, 2024

  • checkedMedication
  • checkedSharps

1(844) MED-PROJECT OR 1(844)633-7765

  • checkedMedication
  • checkedSharps


For more information regarding the Medication and Sharps Stewardships programs, please visit the CalRecycle website

Additional Controlled Substance Resources

Accepted Household Hazardous Waste Items Media Gallery

How to Recycle Used Motor Oil
Cómo Reciclar Aceite de Motor Usado