The San Bernardino County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program is the Nation’s first permanent HHW collection facility. San Bernardino County has 14 permanent HHW collection facilities and three ABOP collection facilities. What we accept. See brochure for more information on San Bernardino County HHW Program.
Temporary HHW collection events, oil filter exchange events, and public education events are provided throughout the year at various locations within San Bernardino County. The Central Facility, located in San Bernardino, includes a Materials Exchange/Reuse program where San Bernardino County residents are allowed to take up to 35 pounds a month of good useable household products and five 5-gallon buckets of recycled latex paint a month for free. Lastly, the central facility provides disposal services to San Bernardino County businesses that are eligible to use the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) Program.
Find a HHW collection facility near you by visiting the HHW Collection Facilities page.
San Bernardino County Household Hazardous Waste Program Awards:
- 2019 NAHMMA, Program of Excellence
- 2012-2015 Call 2 Recycle, Leader in Sustainability Award
- 2007 NAHMMA, Hometown Hero
- 2006 Cal/EPA, Continuing Excellence "Used Oil Collection Program"
- 2006 Cal/EPA, Outstanding Rural Program
- 2004 National Association of Counties (NACO) Best of Category Award
Household Hazardous Waste Program Latex Paint Project
- Togetherness Award 2001
- Cal-EPA Personnel Service Award 2000
- NAHMMA Personnel Service Award 2000
- Cal-EPA Award - Picric Acid 1998
- NAHMMA/SWANA Program Excellence Award 1997
San Bernardino County Fire Department, Household Hazardous Waste Division
2824 East "W" Street, Bldg. 302 (San Bernardino International Airport)
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0799
Phone: 909. 382.5401