Before transporting household generated hazardous waste to a collection facility or ABOP facility, be sure that . . .
- The amount of waste transported does not exceed 15 gallons or 125 pounds. Container volume must not exceed 5 gallons.
- The containers are sound, not leaking, and sealed.
- The waste is in its original container or is properly labeled as to its contents.
- Wastes are placed securely in the vehicle for safe transport.
- The contents of the container are the same as stated on the label. If not the same, cover up the label and write the name of its contents.
- Place sharps/needles in approved container. It is illegal to transport in plastic milk jug, coffee can, plastic bag, bleach or soda bottle.
- Call 909.382.5401 or 1.800.OILY.CAT (1.800.645.9228) for information on obtaining an approved container.
- Place items in a cardboard box or secure container. Wrap glass bottles in cloth or newspaper so they do not break while transported.
- Place the cardboard box in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your pickup truck. Keep items away from passengers.
- Follow directions once you reach the collection site.
- At the site, staff will unload the chemicals from your vehicle. You will be asked to stay inside your vehicle.
For non - San Bernardino County Residents, visit Earth 911, or call your local solid waste authority for information.
Phone Numbers for nearby Non-County and Fontana Residents: